Describing Genitals in Stories

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Emily

Describing Genitals in Stories

Post by Emily »

Hi all!

I’ve been working on my first story for a bit now. I have experience with writing, but never anything erotic or similar to that. Typically when writing, I like to spend a lot of time describing the physical looks of my characters so readers can have a clear mental image.

I’m definitely not used to having to paint that mental image of a naked character. I’ve been trying to put this the same effort into describing my character naked as I would with any other clothed character. I feel like female genitalia can really differ from person to person. Some girls have tight lips with most things tucked away, forming a perfect slit. Other girls have bigger lips that hang down and are like a pedal. And then there’s many girls that are somewhere in between the two. I find it fascinating to see how different girls look and even how they compare to my own pussy.

As a reader or writer, how important do you find descriptions of genitals? Would you rather the writer just leave it up to the reader to imagine it how they would like? Or do you prefer the writer to paint a picture of how it all looks?
Eoworfindir

Re: Describing Genitals in Stories

Post by Eoworfindir »

I tend not to describe looks or features unless it's integrated into the plot, let the reader decide. Longer stories maybe it's needed, but for me, a short tale doesn't need it. If you start talking about what their genitals look like, will it take the reader out of the flow? Anyway that's just my opinion, no need to listen at all.
PhilMarlowe

Post by PhilMarlowe »

As a reader, I prefer minimal description of genitals unless it is a very detailed story segment (ie a girl's first licking).
The more general descriptions are okay, bald vs hairy pussy, long vs small cock, circumcised vs uncircumcised are fine.

Phil
RaccoonBatteryStaple

Post by RaccoonBatteryStaple »

I think it should describe what's salient at the moment but otherwise follow the contours of the story. Put another way, I like reading the description through the observer's eyes.

If a subject is getting exposed for the first time and someone is looking at their equipment closely, then a lot of detail makes more sense. If they're further away or it's a fleeting glimpse then maybe it's just about the curve of a girl's mound or the color of a boy's glans. The story flow can help dictate it also -- if you're in a scene that's moving slowly and is already detail heavy, then more is better. But if it's a quick scene you're painting in broad brushstrokes, you probably want to maintain that pace. Unless, of course, that's the exact moment when time seems to slow down for the subject!

Holding some details back also means you can save some of them for another scene later in the story. That being said, if you know exactly what you want a character to look like, go ahead and write it out -- during the editing phase you can always move the details around. I've dabbled in writing and I frequently have a section at the end of a document that's bits of description or dialog that I wrote and like but didn't fit where I first wrote it.
emobat

Post by emobat »

I agree with everyone else, I like to know approx size and some details about hair etc but the rest can be left imagination unless important for the scene
Just a bi girl who likes being spanked and degraded pm open
My most embarrassing story
viewtopic.php?t=4603&sid=ff9ec7e564dc67 ... d9a1b7565a
matrix1999

Post by matrix1999 »

Emily wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:21 am Hi all!

I’ve been working on my first story for a bit now. I have experience with writing, but never anything erotic or similar to that. Typically when writing, I like to spend a lot of time describing the physical looks of my characters so readers can have a clear mental image.

I’m definitely not used to having to paint that mental image of a naked character. I’ve been trying to put this the same effort into describing my character naked as I would with any other clothed character. I feel like female genitalia can really differ from person to person. Some girls have tight lips with most things tucked away, forming a perfect slit. Other girls have bigger lips that hang down and are like a pedal. And then there’s many girls that are somewhere in between the two. I find it fascinating to see how different girls look and even how they compare to my own pussy.

As a reader or writer, how important do you find descriptions of genitals? Would you rather the writer just leave it up to the reader to imagine it how they would like? Or do you prefer the writer to paint a picture of how it all looks?
It should be described because when our junk is seen females definitely make a comment or giggle. First time I was seen naked it was after swimming at the beach and my younger sister said it was an acorn with balls. It’s embarrassing but if they make a comment then it should be described.