Writing Advice

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Rblurk

Writing Advice

Post by Rblurk »

I could have sworn this topic already existed somewhere but I cannot seem to find it so I'm just posting a new thing. I'm looking to start writing some of the ideas I have floating around in my mind for enf, but I also haven't written anything in a long time. So I was wondering what advice writers of enf had for a beginner. Especially what things to avoid or what pitfalls to look out for. How to keep the reader interested during exposition and how to make sure these sudden often fast instances of stripping are still long enough to form the meat of the story. Really just any advice would be greatly appreciated and I hope that maybe I can write some stuff I'm proud enough of to share here or elsewhere.
You ever had one of your friends be totally exposed and humiliated in front of you? ...... Yeah me neither
TeenFan

Re: Writing Advice

Post by TeenFan »

Hello Rblurk

Since you write in complete sentences with proper punctuation, spelling and sentence structure, I'd say you are ahead of a large number
of writers here. For many writers there can be some issues due to English not being their first language.

Just get a story started. Post the first chapter and ask for feedback. Some advice may be good and ignore the rest.
You will improve as you keep working at it.
I took a long time off from writing stories, and when I started up again it took me about a month to find my best style.
edithdick

Post by edithdick »

It seems like these are two very different things; 1) writing a coherent story with an interesting plot and 2) writing explicit scenes that allow the reader to experience the humiliation or arousal of the character in a compelling way.

Personally, I have always been better at the first part and have greatly struggled with the second.

I have a bunch of unpublishable scenes where I just practice this over and over. Sometimes I will take a story that someone else wrote and rewrite the erotic scenes in my own voice just to try and discover this skill.

Still working on it. Hopefully you can write enough to discover your own strengths and weaknesses so you can learn where you need the most improvement. Good luck!
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

As TeenFan noted, your grammar and structure are sound, so the potential is there to put together some good ENF stories.

Everyone has their own style, and you should stick with what works for you—and to take it a step further, what excites you. Chances are good that if you're enjoying what you're writing, then many out there will feel the same.

You already alluded to not speeding through the stripping scene(s), which I think is a huge positive. After all, the stripping itself is often the juiciest part of the story, and if you can draw it out as long as possible (building up tension along the way), it can only add to your reader's enjoyment.

Another thought: If you can convey the feelings of both the aggressor and the victim, that can add to the story. Really try to place yourself in each of those roles as you're writing it up. With a good imagination you can experience what they are feeling. Not only might that enhance your writing, but also your own enjoyment while doing so. :)

Also, keep in mind that dialog can be very useful to achieve those goals. Don't forget to utilize that powerful tool.

One last note: You probably already know this, but make sure you use paragraphs as appropriate. Even a good story can be undone if you don't, and doing so makes it much easier on the reader's eyes.

Good luck, and have fun!