Point of View (for you authors out there)

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
Namb

Point of View (for you authors out there)

Post by Namb »

How do you prefer to write your stories.

Do you write it from the point of view of the girl?

Do you write it from the point of view of the boy?

Or do you take a narrator's point of view?

I've done all three and also a couple of hybrid stories where I have each character tell his or her own story.

I also wrote one story as a screenplay, but that was mostly to see if I could pull the format off and also it was not seriously erotic but was written as a humorous parody of the Disney cartoon: Phineas and Ferb.

So which do you prefer and why?
Dormouse

Re: Point of View (for you authors out there)

Post by Dormouse »

I haven't, for one reason or another, completed a story for some years, but I think I usually write in the third person and the viewpoint character is often female (although I am male) and is often embarrassed in seeing friends naked and unembarrassed. ENF per se is not my thing.
TeenFan

Post by TeenFan »

My main way of writing is in the third person. The POV is typically that of a male main character. Only the thoughts in the main characters
head are known. Usually the readers learn things as the main character learns them, not jumping back and forth between two or more
characters in different places.

I've tried it all. Have a story in first person from female POV, and done that several times with male POV.

I did post the beginning of a story here in Screenplay Format, but that is difficult to do here and I got limited response on it. Someday I might
repost it in regular prose.

One thing I've never done in a story is be totally omniscient, having the thoughts and feelings and actions of each character be known to the
reader.
superevil7

Post by superevil7 »

I've done all three, because I enjoy the variety in styles. My favorite way to write is from the point of view of the naked person (mostly girls for me). I feel like it lets me get into her head in a way that isn't as possible in third person.