Pants or boxers

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
RickD137

Pants or boxers

Post by RickD137 »

I was just curious what style of underwear people wear ?

I'm from UK, I'm a male in my 20s i only wear pants/briefs.

I know boxer shorts are seen as cooler or more grown up what ever. personally I hate wearing boxer shorts I've always found boxer shorts really annoying and uncomfortable to wear.

But I seem to be the only person in my friendship group who still wears pants/briefs as far as I know. I do often get people laughing at me if they see my underwear saying things like why do you still wear pants.

I thought I would also do a quick translation generally in England briefs are called pants or slips, but in America the style I wear would be called bikini briefs. And briefs the style that Walter White would wear with the opening in the front are called Y fronts.

Pants / bikini briefs .....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/wirarpa-Underw ... YXRm&psc=1
Hey
TeenFan

Re: Pants or boxers

Post by TeenFan »

In reading these types of stories, only starting a couple years ago, I found out that in England Knickers was a term for girl's underwear.
In the US the historical usage of the word comes from Kickerbockers, long pants which eventually became a full suit worn in the late 1800s, they
were worn by guys in the lower to middle class. The Basketball team in New York is known as the New York Knickerbockers, the Knicks for short.
The word for sports teams goes back to the 1840s
Why the Brits adopted and changed the word I have no idea.

I grew up wearing the now much maligned Tighty-whities. Then in my twenties I switched over to Jockey Briefs. I never got into wearing
boxers, but I have tried Boxer-Briefs and those are okay.
Early in my thirties I stopped using underwear completely, been mostly going commando ever since.

I never write about being seen in underwear as being an embarrassing thing. I guess that's because by the time I was twenty I was comfortable
enough to wear a Speedo swimsuit in public, at the lake or a city pool. The exposure of one's undies in a fictional setting for me is the beginning,
not the end of a story. If undies is all that is shown...it's all ho hum in my opinion. Of course there can be more entertaining ways to present
underwear. I can see how a girl, wearing cotton panties and a small bra would be concerned if she got completely wet, the undies revealing much
more than when dry.

I suppose seeing other people in their underwear is a bit of a fetish for some. If the undies don't come off, I consider it a waste of reading time, but that's just me.
librarian

Post by librarian »

Also from the UK and a user of briefs or boxer-briefs, for what it's worth.

I like the word "Knickers", by the way. Here it implies (mostly) to undies worn by younger girls, and when used for an adult often implies something embarrassing or childish, whereas 'panties' has a more teasing/titillating ring to it. (I also often use it as an exclamation. "Oh, knickers!", in the way one may say "Oh, bother!". It's just a fin word to say. :3 )

Sports knickers are also a thing here in the UK. I guess their equivalent would be 'bloomers', although I think the term 'Spats' is used as well.
Robert Brooks

Post by Robert Brooks »

Hey Rick,
Fellow Brit here (as you know).
Early 30s

The moment I left school and started byuing my own underwear I switched to boxer-briefs. Never worn 'true' boxer shorts as I understand them, which are baggy & flappy. Boxer-briefs are annoying enough in the way they ride up but proper baggy shorts would irritate me very quickly.

All my mum ever bought me while at school was briefs / pants, and over time the pressure to switch to boxers like everyone else became quite strong. Still, the topic of my undies had, for whatever reason, been extremely embarrassing and not to be discussed if at all possible. It was therefore, weirdly, less embarrassing for me to just put up with the mild occasional teasing and sense of peer-pressure than to simply ask my mum to get me boxers.

So between the ages of 16 - 30 I only wore boxer-briefs and was happy doing so. I think the whole 'briefs are embarrassing, little-kid underwear' idea was so deeply engrained, it lingered over me far too long after leaving school! (thanks, stupid peer-pressure).

Then, about two / three years ago, I tried briefs again and havent really looked back. I do still sometimes wear my boxer-briefs but I'd say thats only about 20% of the time these days. They are so much more comfortable and I've ALWAYS liked the way they look. I think guys look so much more sexy in them -- as there's more of the GUY to see! ;)
And catching a glimpse of briefs / pants lines showing through trousers, or pants showing through a thin pair of white shorts, has always titillated me enormously.

I know I'm in the minority here, in that my favourite humiliation stories prominently feature underwear exposure -- preferably briefs, with a good deal of teasing. Nudity is great too, but I must confess, once the pants are gone completely, my frenzied excitement does tend to start to settle down :lol:

As for terminology, I've always thought of 'pants' as a general term for all (male) underwear -- encompassing boxers too. But then, maybe that's because I'd worn briefs for so long before switching, it's just what I thought of as a word for underwear. Thinking back, I now realise 'briefs' isn't what I called them back when I wore them as a kid -- they were just your 'pants'.
Whenever I thought / think of boxers, I've always called them that. So I guess you're right, here in England boxers are 'boxers' and briefs are 'pants'.
underdog_13

Post by underdog_13 »

At 53, married and no longer trying to impress the girls, I always wear boxer-briefs, long legs. They're quite comfortable (they don't ride up like Robert pointed).
jimmythehand

Post by jimmythehand »

Another Brit here. :D Like others have said, my Mum bought my underwear all through my childhood years and she always bought pants - usually briefs but occassionally Y-fronts (I think the latter were by accident). I remember getting teased a couple of times in the senior school changing room for 'still wearing pants' when most had switched to boxers, but that usually resulted in the teaser getting asked by someone else why they were checking out other boys' underwear, which generally shut the teasing down pretty quickly.

I don't know if this was common in other people's families, but our Christmas gifts from our parents always included clothes and part of that was always packages of underwear (pants and socks). This continued well into adulthood and I found there were almost always enough there to get me through at least until the next Christmas. This meant that my Mum was buying my underwear well into my 30s; as an adult, she chose to get me the same style as my Dad wore. He's of a generation and background where pants have always been the norm, so the briefs continued for me. On the rare occassion I had to 'top up' during the year, I'd just buy what I was used to.

As a result of all this, it was only when my parents were getting older and stopped buying as many gifts at Christmas that I started having to buy my own underwear and at first I just continued with what I knew: the pants. After a while, I did decide try some other styles and to look around for something that would be a bit more 'roomy'. I had the same thought about the bagginess of true boxers that others have mentioned and had experienced wearing shorts under trousers in a sporting context (spoiler: it's not comfortable), so I ultimately settled on boxer briefs that only go a short way down the leg.

So that's that, the story of my groin clothing from young boy to today.
dublinjohn

Post by dublinjohn »

Boxers, but the stretchy type, not the cotton ones that have no give, I have thick legs, my calfs are the size of most peoples thighs