Enjoying your own work

A forum for general discussions relating to the subject matter of stripping, pantsing, humiliating or being on the receiving end of any of the above. (Newly registered members can't make topics).
unfair

Enjoying your own work

Post by unfair »

Hi, just curious about something.

Do you guys with more experience writing erotic stories, go back and read your own stories for enjoyment?

Theoretically stuff I write should be perfect for me. At the moment though, whilst I can predict what bits would turn me on (and hence hopefully other people), it doesn't do anything for me.

Wondered whether this was the case for everyone, and whether it goes away after enough time. Because I can go back to someone else's story after time has passed and enjoy it again.
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Re: Enjoying your own work

Post by Girlspns »

For the most part, no, I can't really enjoy my own, and it's precisely because I can predict every twist of the story to the point it's like I'm re-reading or editing it instead of just enjoying it, my brain simply kicks into writer mode and tries to write it instead of just read it.

However, there are times when particular stories of mine do excite me, and I notice that those stories are not too old or too fresh, I assume it's because they're fresh enough to be more well-written, but not so fresh that I remember every detail.

And, of course, they have to be part of my best stories.
unfair

Post by unfair »

Viredae wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:47 pm For the most part, no, I can't really enjoy my own, and it's precisely because I can predict every twist of the story to the point it's like I'm re-reading or editing it instead of just enjoying it, my brain simply kicks into writer mode and tries to write it instead of just read it.

However, there are times when particular stories of mine do excite me, and I notice that those stories are not too old or too fresh, I assume it's because they're fresh enough to be more well-written, but not so fresh that I remember every detail.

And, of course, they have to be part of my best stories.
Yeh that's kind of what I figured.

And not only can you predict it, you also know 100% that it's fictional, so I think your brain doesn't believe the characters as much.

Interesting thanks.
Girlspns
Strip-Master In-Chief

Post by Girlspns »

Nikolai wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 pm Yes, I go back to my own stories. Even though I know exactly what's going to happen, I also go back to others stories that I know what's going to happen. With my own stories I know that they're perfect for me and although I enjoy showing them to others they all came directly from me in my ideal scenarios. Before I wrote after school brawl I could go back to my older and first story but now it just doesnt seem to be wrote as well.
Yeah, that's why a story that's too old doesn't actually work, you just keep trying to fix it in your head and end up not enjoying it because you feel it's a lower quality story, even if most people reading it now would still enjoy it.
Humilatron

Post by Humilatron »

Well I only ever write for myself. I don't write for others. If I enjoy it then it's enough for me to share it with people and if they enjoy it too that's great. I think I sometimes enjoy it more when others write it because sometimes I'm simply curious as to where they would take a story and there are times where I want to continue a loved story but I often don't end up doing so because at the end of the day I would rather have the original writer finish their piece than have me write it for them.
Read More stories on CHYOA

IMPORTANT, Read This ->
viewtopic.php?p=9805#p9805